Zinc Ribbon Anodes for Cathodic Protection 11/32" x 13/32" , Price Per Foot
- in stock
- 0.26 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout
zinc ribbon anodes provide a very simple, cost effective, maintenance free method of corrosion control for buried or immersed metals such as iron, steel, aluminum copper, etc. Zinc is especially useful for unattended applications; those where other cathodic protection systems requiring monitoring and frequent maintenance or an external power source are not possible.
RotoMetals zinc ribbon anodes are used in a variety of applications: for cathodic protection on buried pipelines, for A.C. mitigation on pipelines, for sacrificial cathodic protection of secondary bottoms on above-ground storage tanks, for A.C. mitigation grounding mats, and for many other corrosion protection applications.
- External areas of steel pipe, especially in difficult environments such as below grade in rocky and mountainous terrain, thawed zones in permafrost.
- Interior bottom areas of oil storage tanks where salt water settles out.
- Exterior bottom of oil storage tanks.
- Interstitial spaces between old, corroded and new storage tank bottoms.
- In the limited space between inner and outer casings of wells of various kinds.
- For grounding steel tower footings of overhead power systems.
- To provide cathodic protection as well as to dissipate induced AC current on coated steel pipe.
- For personal safety as well as corrosion protection. To ground valves and test stations of pipelines which are subject to induced AC current and fault currents.
Electrochemical Properties of Zinc Ribbon Anodes
|Plattline Type I||Plattline Type II|
|Open Circuit Potential (-V)*||1.05 min||1.10 min.|
|Closed Circuit Potential (-V)*||1.00 min.||1.05 min.|
|Current Capacity (amp-hrs/lb)||372||372|
|Galvanic Efficiency (%)||95||90|
- High Current output to volume ratio.
- Easily conforms to any cathode length or configuration.
- No special equipment is needed for installation.
- Will not cause or magnify stray currents.
- Generally used in soils of 2000 ohm-cm or less with prepared gypsum-clay backfill. However, this can be used in soils with higher resistivity on well coated pipelines with low current requirements.
- Because this is in a continuous ribbon form, there is an even distribution of current density to the cathode.
Price Per Pound: